We are so excited to finally share our 2016 Calendar and Volunteer Opportunities with you!!
Sign up for the upcoming event: KWQC Women’s Health Fair (March 5th)
Our Sisterhood of the Teal Tiaras is our volunteer force that provides an outlet for survivors and those who are affected by or have lost a sister, daughter, wife, mother or friend to ovarian cancer. Our Teal Warriors are vitally important to our mission and present our programs through health fairs, speaking engagements, publicity and many other community and administrative activities. Membership is free and anyone can join . . . even men.
Community Events — Throughout the year, we participate in community events geared toward women and healthy lifestyles where we sell our Bling4Cancer jewelry. Most of these activities take place during evenings and weekends; volunteer shifts are typically 2-4 hours each. Volunteers in these areas are crucial to our success:
- Distribute BEAT symptom cards to the general public
- Assist with Shop Bling4Cancer sales
- Communicate the need for early detection with booth visitors
- Set up and decoration for special events
Administrative — These volunteers provide administrative support in many different ways with projects that provide great flexibility in scheduling. Many can be done during non-business hours at home, while others will require time in our downtown Rock Island office. If you can assist, call us anytime!
- Marketing (publicity, social media, website)
- Administrative (database, accounting, research, volunteer scheduling)
- Fundraising (grants, events, ad hoc opportunities)
- Letter stuffers, inventory takers, craft-lovers, too!
Program Support — We have several on-going projects which need active brains (for new ideas), warm bodies (to help with distribution), and superb people skills (to identify and make contacts). TEALTown September is the umbrella name for the projects taking place during National Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month. Our BEAT the Big O and RULE OUT Ovarian Cancer programs aim to educate both women and the medical community about the disease. Our Sister2Sister is a new program that connects survivors across the country. These programs are vital to our mission; volunteers are needed both during and outside of office hours at various locations, depending on your interests.
No-hassle Jobs — If you can’t commit to volunteering for a specific project just yet, we have no-hassle jobs that just about anyone can do, any time. We’re always open to new ideas and opportunities!
- Distribute BEAT the BIG O symptom mirror cards
- Invite us to speak at a group of women you know
- Join our TEAL Connection Facebook community
- Like our Facebook page and share our posts
- Follow our blog https://normaleahfoundation.wordpress.com
- Forward our e-mail blasts
- Come to our events and bring a friend
- Wear teal (especially on Tuesday) and tell everyone why
- Get an Illinois or Iowa OVCA Awareness License Plate
- Make a Memorial Gift or DONATE (we are a United Way donor designated fund)
Volunteer and help us save lives!